In this episode Micah, Nico, and Ritu discuss the latest news in the world of OSINT
In this episode, we have an interesting panel discussion for you. Micah, Nico, and Ritu discuss when to venture into the Dark Web in investigations and discuss processes.
People in this Episode
- Micah Hoffman (@WebBreacher)
- Nico Dekens (@dutch_osintguy)
- Ritu Gill (@OSINTTechniques)
Links to what we discussed
- Nico is tracking all black friday / cyber monday related deals for you: https://github.com/Dutchosintguy/Blackfriday-Deals-2020
- Interesting Twitter thread on Arabic clothing that might be useful in some OSINT investigations: https://twitter.com/AD_GQ/status/1331092825858076673
- Nico’s tip on how to search for Parler content without accessing Parler: https://twitter.com/dutch_osintguy/status/1330515656916262912
- Keyword search is coming to Instagram! More info here: https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/11/17/21570475/instagram-keyword-search-update-hashtag-account?__twitter_impression=true
- YouTube-DI is back on GitHub: https://github.blog/2020-11-16-standing-up-for-developers-youtube-dl-is-back/
- Practice your verification skills with First Draft News’s new interactive quizzes: https://ftp.firstdraftnews.org/articulate/temp/ovcR/story_html5.html
- Need some AI generated faces? Check out this massive archive but keep in mind they’re easily recognisable: https://generated.photos/faces
- Great Twitter thread on scraping Fleets without triggering the ‘read’ notification: https://twitter.com/donk_enby/status/1329935540049817600
- Great resource for international geolocation and winning the GeoGuessr.com game: https://geotips.net/
- There’s a new OSINT project, called OSINTDojo that you might want to check out: https://www.osintdojo.com/
- Wanna view all tweets from one account? Then check out this tool: https://nitter.net/
- Protect your identity by creating an AI-generated photo of yourself: https://generated.photos/anonymizer#
- Ritu will be teaching the SANS SEC487 OSINT course with Micah in December. Look at https://www.sans.org/event/cyber-defense-initiative-2020-live-online/course/open-source-intelligence-gathering for details.
- Micah mentioned that the SANS free, 2-day virtual OSINT Summit conference registration is still open. The event (https://www.sans.org/event/osint-summit-2021) will be in February 2021.
- Nico is the co-author of a 2-day advanced OSINT course for SANS, SEC537, https://www.sans.org/cyber-security-courses/practical-osint-analysis-and-automation/. They are taking registrations for their beta runs of the class and there is a significant discount on the price.
- Nico will also be on the https://zolder.io/category/zoldersessions/.