People in this Episode
- Micah Hoffman (@webbreacher)
- Matthias Wilson (@mwosint)
Links to what we discussed
- https://www.instagram.com/hushpuppi/?hl=en Big phishing criminal Hushpuppi arrested in Dubai. His Instagram account was well-known for flaunting his wealth. Allowed investigators to track his movements and identify his financial assets.
- https://pimeyes.com/en/ Matches facial images from across the web
- https://keyfindings.blog/2020/07/01/saving-images-from-google-maps-and-street-view/ Getting photo sphere images from Google Maps using developer tools
- https://nixintel.info/osint/geolocating-mobile-phones-with-an-ip/ Gives insight on the locations of IP adresses
- https://twitter.com/SebMeineck/status/1281577528164003841 PimEye reaction to a recent article (https://netzpolitik.org/2020/pimeyes-face-search-company-is-abolishing-our-anonymity/), now you can’t upload a pic anymore. You can only allow PimEye access to your camera
- https://pskreporter.info/pskmap Shows ham radio operators (with call sign and location) worldwide. Might be useful is ever working on a case involving ham radios
- https://twitter.com/LorandBodo/status/1281606517825974273 This website allows users to create a 3d reconstruction from a single image. super useful for osint investigations.
- https://medium.com/@CassiusXIII Guide to corporate OSINT recon
- https://keyfindings.blog/2020/07/12/how-to-geolocate-mobile-phones-or-not/ Follow-up on the IP geolocation article
- https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/fxgi06/not_new_news_but_tbh_if_you_have_tiktiok_just_get/fmuko1m/?context=1 TikTok mobile app security issues and how they may impact your investigations.
- Micah Hoffman, Nico Dekens & John TerBush: SANS SEC487 Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Gathering & Analysis. Several options for Live Online & In Person