People in this Episode
- Micah Hoffman (@Webbreacher)
- Nico Dekens (@Dutch_Osintguy)
- Nixtintel (@nixintel)
- Matthias Wilson (@MWosint)
- Sector035 (@sector035)
- Special Guest: Sinwindie (@sinwindie) more info on: https://www.secjuice.com/author/sinwindie/
Links to what we discussed
- https://blog.nem.ec/2020/05/24/ebay-port-scanning/ Data collected by Ebay & ThreatMetrix MAY in some form be available through Lexis-Nexis
- https://twitter.com/BenDoBrown/status/1265590123200237568 Some more of Ben’s amazing work – analyzing Twitter networks
- https://twitter.com/AccessOSINT/status/1264170739625865216 Finding information in Microsoft documents (e.g. uncropping images)
- https://twitter.com/osintcombine/status/1263256228576157697 Enabling cookie blocking in Chrome incognito
- https://twitter.com/securitytrails/status/1266394818533634049 Good intro to using domain records / DNS to conduct OSINT on corporate web footprints. This example by Security Trails looks at WeChat.
- https://twitter.com/nixintel/status/1266343126567997440 Tips on how to geolocate images taken indoors using electrical outlet shapes. Useful for people who like to do the Europol image searches etc.
- https://twitter.com/osintcombine/status/1266251238917562370?s=19 OSINTCombine added a new feature to his dataviz tool, which allows to visualise bitcoin transactions and other data in your browser (like Maltego and Spiderfoot’s Investigate).
- https://medium.com/week-in-osint/keeping-a-grip-on-googleids-506814ae098b More info on tracing email addresses via Google IDs
- http://bit.ly/2ApZ8kh Nixintel’s OSINT Curious Google Doc for organizing our OSINT Curious 10 Minute Tips and blog posts
- https://medium.com/@raebaker/learning-to-track-disinformation-and-bot-activity-in-twitter-adbabd39d8c3 Learning how to track Twitter bots
- https://twitter.com/AccessOSINT/status/1265655841849573376 New questions on the OSINT CTF platforms sourcing.games
- https://github.com/sinwindie/OSINT Github repository containing great checklists for social media platforms
- https://www.elevenpaths.com/labstools/foca/index.html FOCA metadata scraping tool
- Dutch_Osintguy : July 9, 2020 Workshop advanced searching and monitoring with Google for professionals
- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/1-day-osint-skills-101-training-by-osint-curious-registration-92599869703 There are a few more spaces for The OSINT Curious Project’s 1 day OSINT training this June 5.