People in this Episode
- Micah Hoffman
- Nico (Dutch_OsintGuy)
- Matthias Wilson (MWOsint)
- Kirby Plessas (kirbstr)
- John TerBush (thegumshoo)
- Special Guest : Arno Reuser (@ArnoReuser) more info on ArnoReuser.com & http://bibliography.opensourceintelligence.biz/
Links to what we discussed
- https://intelx.io The site hosts breach data that are easily searchable (for free)! We spoke about this in regards to its scraping of Pastebin pastes. If you have a paid account, you can access them.
- https://untappd.osint.ninja This page is the webification of the UntappdScraper script Micah made. Makes it easy to analyze user-reported drinking behavior.
- https://twitter.com/MwOsint/status/1249416474600628226 Another source for company research is import/export data. Find out who does business with a company and which means of transportation they use. The tweet depicts one example for such a (paid) database, in some countries this data is freely accessible
- https://groundwork.azavea.com/ Annotation tool designed for geospatial data, useful for osint geo related research
- https://medium.com/@Dutchosintguy/start-caring-stop-sharing-9c108d957b2c Blog by Dutch_Osintguy about the human factor in cyber and how easy it can be for bad actors to gain access to certain video calling session by using basic osint techniques
- https://github.com/mattnotmax/cyberchef-recipes Great Cyberchef recipes which can be used for OSINT and cyber
- https://twitter.com/olihough86/status/1250514824255221762 Pastebin has disabled its search function, even for Pro customers. This is bad news for OSINT because Pastebin was such a valuable resource, especially for threat intel.
- https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/16/clearview-source-code-lapse/ This is more privacy than OSINT but the Clearview AI application source code and other files were found in a public location.
- https://www.eventbrite.com/e/1-day-osint-skills-101-training-by-osint-curious-registration-92599869703 OSINT Curious 1 day OSINT 101 course!
- Kirby is teaching online OSINT classes. Visit https://academy.plessas.net for more details.
- Micah and Dutch_Osintguy will be doing OSINT SEC487 SANS Live Online trainings in the coming months. Visit https://www.sans.org/find-training/search?types=10&coursecode=SEC487&msc=course-page for details.