People in this episode:
- Micah Hoffman (WebBreacher)
- Sector035 (Voice only)
Links to things we discussed:
- TraceLabs.org – Global online OSINT CTF
- The OSINT.Team site is back up (https://osint.team) with 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) and SSO (Single Sign On) using either a Twitter or a Github account. A Patreon account exists for donations to keep this resource going (patreon.com/user?u=21892179)
- @Y_vdw – Blog post on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram searching https://medium.com/@luga/finding-pictures-on-facebook-and-instagram-and-filtering-them-by-date-68793dca3b7a
- @s0md3v is a regular attendee of the webcast. He posted about reverse web search for pixelated images – https://medium.com/@somdevsangwan/deblurring-images-for-osint-part-2-ba564af8eb5d
- BBC Africa OSINT on the Sudan massacre (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT IN THE VIDEO) – https://twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/1149616365763850240
- Micah was on the Recorded Future/Cyber Wire podcast and spoke about OSINT and the OSINTCurious project- https://www.recordedfuture.com/podcast-episode-115/
- David Mashburn (@d_mashburn) gave a talk on “OSINT: Not Just Offensive” at the SANS Blue Team Summit recently – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkItelFGblw TraceLabs.org –
- Listener Chris J. (@rattis) asked about our take on YouTube enforcing its restrictions on hosting “hacking” videos.
- The IntelX.io site released some updates (v4) to their OSINT tools that are becoming similar to IntelTechniques’s old page.
- Micah demoed using the amazing (and free!) CyberChef tool (https://gchq.github.io/CyberChef/) to decode Base64 encoded content and extract selectors from text
- The 2020 SANS OSINT summit has been announced in Virgina, USA in February 2020 – https://www.sans.org/event/osint-summit-2020
- Some Dutch OSINTians (their word…not ours 🙂 ) had the second #Docon in The Netherlands recently. They are going to try to make the next one open to the public https://twitter.com/dutch_osintguy/status/1147022341676908545
- Listener questions!
- Sector035 is indexing the https://medium.com/week-in-osint posts.
- Ginsberg gave shout outs to SecKC, OSINT.Team, and OSINTCurio.us
- Micah will be in California for a bunch of time in the coming weeks teaching his SANS SEC487 OSINT class. Spaces are still available to join him in person!