People in this episode:
- Micah Hoffman
- Dutch Osint Guy
- Sector035 (Voice only)
- and special guest MW-OSINT!
Links to things we discussed:
- A blog post about fighting the disinformation: https://medium.com/storyful-engineering/reverse-engineering-disinformation-campaigns-cd3d26bb217c
- The OSINT-Combine Social Lens, that lets you search in an area for posts by Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook: https://twitter.com/osintcombine/status/1129990197477699584
- A new browser add-on for reverse image searches https://twitter.com/dutch_osintguy/status/1129065756304580608 and in addition to that an archive search tool: https://twitter.com/dessantx/status/1129307219953094656
- https://twitter.com/cybersecstu/status/1127925874676908032 A good dark web search engine from the surface web: https://darksearch.io/dorks
- Shout-out to the https://twitter.com/TheBADASS_army/ that sounds like another great OSINT For Good group.
- https://twitter.com/gijn/status/1128692035496611847 from @GIJN: How to pinpoint the location of persons of interest on @instagram, using the case study of fugitive Shahin Gheiybe, who is on the Dutch “Most Wanted” list
- Shout-out to https://osint.team
- Darkweb shakeup:
- FreshOnions seems to be back online, now with a v3 address: http://vps7nsnlz3n4ckiie5evi5oz2znes7p57gmrvundbmgat22luzd4z2id.onion
Links during question time:
We talked with Matthias Wilson, also known as MW-OSINT on Twitter. We talked about his blog https://keyfindings.blog/ and his employer CorporateTrust. During the interview there was also a question about investigating in foreign languages, where Matthias suggested https://www.deepl.com/translator as a good translation tool. And a shout-out to the course by Justin Seitz https://register.automatingosint.com/
- Micah will be speaking at the Layer8 Conference in June.
- Kirby has two open enrollment classes in Texas. See https://plessas.net/events