People in this episode:
- Micah Hoffman
- Dutch Osint Guy
- Sector035 (Voice only)
- and special guest Daniel Clemens!
Links to things we discussed:
- Sector035’s blog post on calculating distances of objects on photos –https://osintcurio.us/2019/04/30/geometry-in-image-forensics/
- Sector035’s Medium article on OpenData – https://medium.com/@sector035/week-in-osint-2019-17-1214c7044a60
- Article on ‘deepface’ photos, artificially generated mugshots of nonexistent people –https://www.fastcompany.com/90332538/meet-the-fake-people-who-will-soon-crowd-your-timelines-deepface
- Article on the changes in regard to covert and open intelligence gathering and how agencies must adapt – https://twitter.com/dutch_osintguy/status/1122593433133178880
- https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1123677155643351047 A discussion on how many women are in the OSINT/InfoSec field
- MWOsint’s tweet about attribution in a case of defacement – https://twitter.com/mwosint/status/1123926120393474049
- A tweet on how publicly available traffic fine information can give some background on an accident – https://twitter.com/schep_/status/1123927408724324352
Links during question time:
We talked with Daniel Clemens (@DanielClemens_ on Twitter) about his company ShadowDragon (https://shadowdragon.io/) that provides tools for modern digital investigations. Of course we talked about his work for DeliverFund, a non-profit organisation that is fighting human trafficking.