People in this episode:
- Micah Hoffman
- Dutch Osint Guy
- Sector035 (Voice only)
Links to things we discussed:
- OSINT tool – https://github.com/lulz3xploit/LittleBrother
- FreshOnions Tor service goes up and down. Maybe we need to make our own version? https://github.com/GoSecure/freshonions-torscraper
- DutchOsintGuy’s blog post on OSINT Operational Security – https://osintcurio.us/2019/04/18/basic-opsec-tips-and-tricks-for-osint-researchers/
- Ludo Block tweeted about Dustin Miller’s outstanding Twitter Machine Learning thread (https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1119118085443559425) for un-redacting content using Machine Learning.
- Defcon Recon Village CFP is now open for Las Vegas! https://reconvillage.org/cfp.html
- Bellingcat article about Poway shooting and 8chan – https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2019/04/28/ignore-the-poway-synagogue-shooters-manifesto-pay-attention-to-8chans-pol-board/
- Email validation web site – https://emailrep.io
- Peabody award for BBCAfrica story on the killings in Cameroon – https://twitter.com/danielsilas/status/1120814434551783424
- Kenn White’s tweet about Docker’s breach and what is could mean for OSINT researchers – https://twitter.com/kennwhite/status/1122117406372057090?s=21
- Nico and Micah will be teaching the SANS SEC487 class in Amsterdam in May 2019. There are still spaces available! Visit https://www.sans.org/sec487 for more details.
- Micah is presenting at the OSINT/Social Engineering Layer8 Conference in Rhode Island, USA. Get your tickets now!
- Sector’s week in review post is at https://medium.com/@sector035/week-in-osint-2019-17-1214c7044a60