People in this episode:
- Kirby Plessas
- Micah Hoffman
- Dutch Osint Guy
- and special guest, Justin Seitz!
Links to things we discussed:
- Soldiers and Social Media – https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2019/02/attacking_soldi.html
- https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1101212185202774024 mentions the new Bellingcat Twitter account https://twitter.com/OpenSourceLeads
- https://builtwith.com/ can be used to find relationships between sites including search on UA codes
- We spoke about our latest blog at https://osintcurio.us/2019/03/05/apache-mod_status-in-tor-hidden-services-destroy-anonymity/
- The Onion Scan https://onionscan.org was mentioned by Justin, with it you can build you own dark web search engine.
- Justin also talked very shortly about https://www.hyperiongray.com, that built some dark web tools and produce the dark web maps.
- https://twitter.com/RoryStolzenberg/status/1100623915804700673 mentions the https://nextdoor.com/map/ site
- https://twitter.com/bsmith_1853/status/1101175704354402304 Brenna Smith wrote a tutorial about how to track illicit transactions with the blockchain.
- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1D6WBL A book recommendation by Justin Seitz.
- https://twitter.com/bellebytes/status/1102410783340875776 points to a very decent OSINT guide https://stormctf.ninja/ctf/blog/stormctf/bellebytes-osint-guide
- https://twitter.com/i_intelligence/status/1101817016753758210 points to search engine colossus (http://searchenginecolossus.com/), search engines page per country.
- Helpful tool when your brain gets stuck thinking of ways to spell a username https://github.com/jschalz/username-perms
Links during question time:
- This article was mentioned during the questions: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/nepxbz/i-gave-a-bounty-hunter-300-dollars-located-phone-microbilt-zumigo-tmobile
- Another article was mentioned during question time, about metadata that is out there: https://www.consumerreports.org/privacy/what-can-you-tell-from-photo-exif-data/
- MWOsint shared a link to a blog post from last year: https://keyfindings.blog/2018/08/14/finding-facebook-profiles-through-phone-numbers/
- A few conferences of interest that were mentioned:
- And of course we talked about https://hunch.ly/
- OCCRP Projects: https://tech.occrp.org/projects/